AVIATION SERVICES & SECURITY
Townsville Airport must be notified in writing of any Controlled Activity (i.e. an activity resulting in an intrusion of the airspace).
Townsville Airport’s Aviation Department is responsible for all Aviation Safety, Security and Emergency matters on airport. This includes though is not limited to:
- The allocation of itinerant and General Aviation aircraft parking and aircraft escorts.
- The processing of security identification including Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) and Visitor Identification Card (VIC) applications.
- The coordination of the operational response to airside incidents, accidents or emergencies.
- Airside Traffic Management.
- Supervision of contractor’s airside to ensure works are conducted safety and securely with no impact to aviation operations.
- Provision of vehicle escorts airside for companies and contractors requiring access.
- The day to day management of wildlife on airport with the aim to reduce the risk of a bird strike.
- Handling of Airspace Development and Crane Applications.