AVIATION SERVICES & SECURITY
Townsville Airport’s Aviation Department is responsible for all Aviation Safety, Security and Emergency matters on airport. This includes though is not limited to:
- The allocation of itinerant and General Aviation aircraft parking and aircraft escorts.
- The processing of security identification including Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) and Visitor Identification Card (VIC) applications.
- The coordination of the operational response to airside incidents, accidents or emergencies.
- Airside Traffic Management.
- Supervision of contractor’s airside to ensure works are conducted safety and securely with no impact to aviation operations.
- Provision of vehicle escorts airside for companies and contractors requiring access.
- The day to day management of wildlife on airport with the aim to reduce the risk of a bird strike.
- Handling of Airspace Development and Crane Applications.